Avraham was active in Győr and the surroundings from 1939 mainly with finding hiding places for refugees from Slovakia. He studied at the University of Szeged in 1943 and 1944. With the German invasion of Hungary Avraham had to stop studying and enlist in a forced labor unit. He fled, arrived in Budapest and joined the underground. He settled in the “Glass House” on Vadász Street, distributed documents to those who needed them and supplied food to the bunkers. After the liberation Avraham accompanied groups of members of the movement to Italy. For about a year he was active with the B’riha on the Austria-Italy border. In 1946 Avraham boarded a ship on his way to Eretz Israel (Palestine) but the vessel was intercepted by the British and its passengers were taken to Cyprus.
In 1947 he arrived in Eretz Israel (Palestine) and was one of the founders of Kibbutz Mavkiyim (today a moshav). In 1951 he resumed his studies. Avraham was a professor at the University of Adelphi in Canada and was the dean of the Department of Chemistry.