The Glass House”, which was the home of a Jewish merchant, was leased and annexed to the Swiss Consulate, and was intended to be used as an office for registering applications based on the Immigration certificates of the British Mandate. Due to its being an extraterritorial, relatively protected place, the Glass House became the center of underground activity. In October 1944. When the “Arrow Cross” took over the country, the underground initiated the accomodation of about 3000 people, underground members , refugees and others sheltered in the building and thus achieved their rescue. It was here that the underground leaders also initiated the printing of about 120 thousand forged “Schutzpass” certificates and distributing them everywhere (in the ghettos, on the streets, to the members of the forced labor companies) and thus thousands of Jews were saved.
Kristalnacht in Budapest – by Adelina Klein