When he was five years old, Ya’akov’s family moved to Miskolc. His brother, Miki, was a leader in “Hashomer Hatzair” and Ya’akov followed his steps by joining the movement. After the German invasion of Hungary on 19.3.1944, he was enlisted in a forced labour unit, deserted and arrived in the “Glass House” on Vadász Street. Ya’akov took part in the underground activities, ran various errands and escorted food convoys for the children’s houses that were under the auspices of the International Red Cross. He joined a group of people under the command of Natan Alexander who moved to the basement of the building next to the “Glass House” with weapons in order, if necessary, to defend the Jews who found refuge there. After the liberation, Ya’akov returned to Miskolc and reopened the “Hashomer Hatzair” ken. In 1948 he made aliya with his girlfriend Edo within the framework of the “Ehad BeMay” garin. Their oldest daughter was born in Italy. Ya’akov took part in the conquest of Acco during the War of Independence. He was among the founders of Kibbutz Yassur.