Meir was the son of the chief orthodox rabbi. He was the founder of the “Hahashmona’im” association and a member, secretary and chairman of “Maccabea”. In addition Meir was the leader of “Hakoah”. He had a doctorate in law and was a public figure and publicist. He filled various positions in the Hungarian Zionist Association. After the Germans invaded Hungary on 19.3.1944, Meir took part in the rescue of Jews. He stayed at the “Glass House” and worked in the department that dealt with the production of Protection Documents. After the liberation in 1945 Meir held positions in the World Zionist Organization and in the Joint. He was also a legal consultant for the Israeli Legacy in Budapest. He made aliya in 1950. From 1957 to 1959 he served as the chairman of the “Hungarian Immigrants’ Association” in Israel.